Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Golden Week Glee!

So for this year's Golden Week I headed to probably my favourite part of Hokkaido-way out east near the likes of Akan-Ko, Kusaharo-Ko, Masshu-Ko and the Kushiro Wetlands before heading up to Shiretoko. I've been here before but couldn't resist getting one last trip in!

We started off camping by beautiful Lake Kussharo-unfortunately no sign of Kushi-the lake's answer to Loch Ness' Nessie. A great bunch of Japanese friends fed us until we couldn't move, and then fed us some more!

After leaving our friends, we headed off on our own to do a spot of sightseeing. My favourite place to go up this way is definitely Shiretoko Go Ko-5 beautiful lakes surrounded by bear and deer inhabited forest. It's simply breathtaking! This is lake number one:


The ryokan we stayed in near the area put on a fabulous spread for dinner. I'm so full, even now..Isn't the little crabby cute?? Nom nom nom...



And at this very moment I'm on board the Aurora sightseeing ship checking out Iozan and the Sea of Okhotsk in Utoro. It's a hard life, but someone's got to do it!



I really don't want to go to work tomorrow..

Chao!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments: